Holy Grail Muddy Fox Prestige

Agree....he didn't do the best job with pics and was very weird on messages, also the zero feedback isn't a great help as feels scammy (he said no cash when I made my previous offer...only PP before) so lets see, he'd be mad to back out after that little bidding war.

Happy someone on here got it. I was a little unwilling to chance that seller to be honest. Anyway let’s see this rare thing all polished up, tuned up and ready to roll.

Attachments

• 6295F243-65F3-41D1-B764-AB621C04DF06.jpeg
    6295F243-65F3-41D1-B764-AB621C04DF06.jpeg
    599.3 KB · Views: 27
Fingers crossed for you! When it was up for £25 buy it now about 10 years ago and I bought/paid for it I got a refund from the seller but heard nothing back when I offered a few hundred more than that! Pretty sure it’s still with the same person as the bike lock bracket is still there and the same style of photos. I fully expected at the time that someone had messaged them and offered £s.

Fingers crossed for you! When it was up for £25 buy it now about 10 years ago and I bought/paid for it I got a refund from the seller but heard nothing back when I offered a few hundred more than that! Pretty sure it’s still with the same person as the bike lock bracket is still there and the same style of photos. I fully expected at the time that someone had messaged them and offered £s.

Also think it was in Harrow before as well so must be the same person.

So unless theres two of these bikes the logos were updated at some point from the one on the brochure, also the seatpost clamp is different as are the tyres & missing the toeclips....but looks like its been ridden so not surprised if tyres were changed...other than that seems as per. orig.

So unless theres two of these bikes the logos were updated at some point from the one on the brochure, also the seatpost clamp is different as are the tyres & missing the toeclips....but looks like its been ridden so not surprised if tyres were changed...other than that seems as per. orig.
If possible I'd try to get repro decals of those in the original picture, and in that case you may as well go the whole hog and get it repainted. The missing bits, pedals and seat clamp should be fairly simple to find, and personally I wouldn't worry about tyres unless nos ones come up for the right money.

I’m wondering if there is more than one of these. Seems odd to change the decals and the tyres? The tyres especially odd to swap them out for the Muddy Fox branded ones that are on it. Would be great when you collect it to get the back story as to how they came to own it.

One of the ones that came up a few times before in Harrow was the 1989 Limited Edition, which also had gold plated parts but a wishbone stay. Someone from a shop that owned one of them also posted and mentioned a small dent on the top tube, which should make that one easier to isolate.

[edit] Sorry, I checked and that was in Hatfield.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if there is more than one of these. Seems odd to change the decals and the tyres? The tyres especially odd to swap them out for the Muddy Fox branded ones that are on it. Would be great when you collect it to get the back story as to how they came to own it.

I'm definitely going to extract all the info I can.....

Back