Help!

Rob Crumpton

Retro Newbie
Hi all
Thank you for all the previous info re my Regina Sport, complete novice here! :oops: I thought I'd try and replace the tyres with some Gatorskins, not a good idea!! They will not fit the Wolber GTA 2 Gentleman rims 700, I really like the rims, is there a tyre that will fit and still have some puncture protection or should I get some different rims.

Re:

They will go on but you will struggle. Last pair of Gators I had were super tight. You might have to leave them overnight almost on to stretch the beads a bit.
Gators are not the tyre they used to be. I found them skittish so fitted Grand Prix GT which are leagues ahead and a similar price.

Re:

Thanks Peetee, I'll give it another go. Spent an hour just trying to stretch it on. Were the GT tyres any easier to get on.

GP5000s are lovely, but last me around 1000 miles before terminally cut by flints...summer only!

Michelin Pro4 Endurance have worked for me better than Gators - more resistant to cuts, MUCH faster and easier to fit.

Hi all
Thank you for all the previous info re my Regina Sport, complete novice here! :oops: I thought I'd try and replace the tyres with some Gatorskins, not a good idea!! They will not fit the Wolber GTA 2 Gentleman rims 700, I really like the rims, is there a tyre that will fit and still have some puncture protection or should I get some different rims.
Hi There,
My name is Marc Duchesne, of Oloron Sainte-Marie, in the Pyrénées. I'm the new owner of the "Regina Sport" bicycles brand.
I'm also the owner of its mother brand: Royal Asport.
The two are positioned as complementary: Royal Asport is the high-end, made-to-measure, bespoke boutique brand, whilst Regina Sport will be more affordable, as it was in its glory days.
The first new Regina Sport bicycle is to be a 1980-replica type of bike. Website will be online by end of March 2023.
Royal Asport is already active, with 7 models. You can visit https://royalasport.eu
Last but not least, for the 2 brands I'll open official Owners Clubs.
Feel free to call,
_Marc

Back