Help with Morretto or maybe Allins ???

phoog

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
I've got hold of this free from a guy up the road from me (result :)
I've no real idea what it is, It's badged/stickered as a MORRETTO, but the guy I got it from thinks it was bought from a bike shop in Croydon/South London in the late 1960's and the sprayed/modernized in the early 1980's
The rear dropouts are simplex, threads don't appear Italian, the bb shell is stamped Nervex and (as best as I can tell) 59950643022zE36
Anyone got any ideas ??
P_20170127_102028%20copy.jpg

P_20170127_102039%20copy.jpg

P_20170127_102051%20copy.jpg

Re:

Hi, it is earlier than you think, the early nervex pro lugs point to 1951 - 1955, it looks a quality frame from that era, the curved rear brake bridge is a good sign but you will need to look for more clues. Is there a serial number ( other than the nervex lug number ), it may be on the dropout if not any where on the bottom bracket, or may be on the steerer. The paint job looks 'recent' and fairly professional, so there will be few clues from stripping the paint and hoping for decal remains. I hope this helps. Terry

Re:

Thanks for your input, can't see any other numbers anywhere but I'll start stripping it down later this week so maybe I'll find some then, The paint isn't nearly as good as it appears in the pictures unfortunately, so I'll probably have it painted if it rides ok and build it up with "leftover bits"

Back