Help me date and put together my raleigh team roadie

It's easy to take replies the wrong way sometimes on an Internet forum!
And RK, VERY much looking forward to your book :cool:

I think a carbon group would look pretty cool against the black of the frame. If it's built to be ridden rather than a museum piece then why not eh...

Tel":2wrk50ui said:
I think a carbon group would look pretty cool against the black of the frame. If it's built to be ridden rather than a museum piece then why not eh...

I'd agree with that too. The Enigmas for example manage a good balance I think with a modern Campag group and a steel frame...

If you cold set 753 it breaks. Normally the chainstay goes at the dropout. If you want to run modern kit, send it to a *great* framebuilder or have a go with a custom narrow hubbed wheel with lots of dishing.

i just got my hands on the 1995 mavic cosmic wheelset. its currently 9 speed shimano but i got a campagnolo freehub and will try and convert it to campy.

i'm not sure of the frame but from 75, i'd say it would be 126mm? with mavic hub with campy freehub would be 130mm. 2mm on each side should be okay if i throw the wheelset and ride it.

OP, give Ken Foster Cyclelogic in CHorlton-cum-Hardy a call as there's one just like that in the window - that one of the chaps in there restored (poss 531 tho) - may be a help?

Back