Help me choose - which P7 gets suspension!

fingers

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, some of you may know I have 2 nickel P7's

One is a 1996 LX, factory original down to the toe clips & orange straps, barends, LX everywhere, rigid f7's - I have owned it about a 18 months...

The other is 'my' P7, owned since new in 97. It has m960 xtr, gold bling, ck, control tech etc and is running a mint set of pace rigid forks.

I have a minty set of 1998 bomber z3's, TF tuned, that would fit them both, and I cant decide which to put them on...

Im leaning towards the 1996/lx as 'my' P7 is in dream lightweight spec, and is a bit of a garage queen/sunny day bike - its done 000s of miles with me, been slalom'd, DH'd, XC'd and enduro'd, and now its finally perfect. But would it be such a bad thing to make the older original bike more useable???

If it makes any heed, the original spec bike has a few (very tiny) rust spots in the lacquer, so potentially will need a respray at some time... Hence Im more likely to make this my hammer bike.

Advice needed (indecisive, me, never.)

A new frame is clearly the best option.

You know that, and we know that, you just need us to push you over the edge of reason and stuff like that, so you've someone to blame :)

New frame!

Get an Orange X1.

Chuck the Bombers away, keep the bikes you've got as is, and get another Orange frame that you can treat to some bouncy Pace goodness (it is the law after all :roll: ) :cool:

Doh!

Pace, been there done that, at 16st I need a beefy fork!!!

And I have had an x1, clockworks etc, and needed to reduce numbers as an impending lifestyle change means more bikes is a no no.

I was wanting to turn one of these into a ride and hammer machine, but cant decide which... In addition to these 2, I have another 2 nice retro rigid bikes... (and thats before we get onto the road machines!)

Aaaah!

Have you any pics of the bikes?

Agree with the above comments though, get another frame :)

Ah, I give in!

I was going to strip and sell my RTS, hence freeing up the bombers (I have a steerer I could swap). But on balance, I should just use the RTS.

Decision made.

So much for reducing numbers. :LOL:

Sorry. Can't help. Don't like bombers. :LOL:

Pace only zone.

Sell bombers and buy replacement frame, work the docks for a while, smiling all the time, and save for RC35s or bouncier Pace.

;)

OR sell bombers, buy RCwhatevers , put newly bought Pace on hammer bike. No Dock Shame involved. Sorted.

:D

Back