help for Pace RC35 Kevlar XCS 1993

torQQue

Retro Newbie
hello to all
I was given a Canondale M500 bike with a Pace RC35 fork on top I have 2 problems with one of the threads in the tube and it has come off.
and the other problem is that I have the fork that remains at the bottom, I took it apart but I think the person must have been tinkering with the elastomer.

i don't know much about it and i'm french i found this forum that could help me because the shops don't want to touch it or don't know about it. so you are my last resort thanks you

Attachments

• PACE RC35.jpg
    PACE RC35.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 350
  • 87e50a95-2647-11eb-8773-295984ef3b10.jpg
    87e50a95-2647-11eb-8773-295984ef3b10.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 349
I would probably try a helicoil thread repair for the damaged thread. You can buy a kit cheaply enough and DIY.

Re:

From your pic it looks as though there is no thread at all in one side, and nothing to helicoil. This will be a problem as you need both sides to have the elastomer stack.

On the subject of elqstomers, there should be a stack of 2 each side that are usually a light brown colour, separated by a plastic spacer. There is also a bump stop elastomer each side as well (usually black).

If i were you j would contact forum member 'justbackdated'. He runs a business servicing and looking after pace forks. He used to work for pace before they sold out to dt swiss.

He often sees threads like this on here and responds but best to message him.

If you are a new member I think you need to have a certain number of posts before you can private message anyone though.

Re: Re:

ishaw":1xe1pur0 said:
From your pic it looks as though there is no thread at all in one side, and nothing to helicoil. This will be a problem as you need both sides to have the elastomer stack.

On the subject of elqstomers, there should be a stack of 2 each side that are usually a light brown colour, separated by a plastic spacer. There is also a bump stop elastomer each side as well (usually black).

If i were you j would contact forum member 'justbackdated'. He runs a business servicing and looking after pace forks. He used to work for pace before they sold out to dt swiss.

He often sees threads like this on here and responds but best to message him.

If you are a new member I think you need to have a certain number of posts before you can private message anyone though.
thank you I'll see how I can contact him it's a bit hard for me because I use a translator to talk to you about the sheet on the fork I had already found it on the internet thank you FluffyChicken

In the meantime I can show you the bike I was given... I thought it was pretty and I didn't want to throw it away.

Attachments

• 9a910a8e-265e-11eb-8989-8b39dae8fd14.jpg
    9a910a8e-265e-11eb-8989-8b39dae8fd14.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 272
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back