Help/advice with eBay

Re:

Just annoyed as that listing was on £1 seller fees and I guess if I relist it I’ll have to pay the standard 10%

Re:

Yes, in my opinion not worth the trouble or the risk.
You can tick the "Ebay Global Shipping" box on your listing and eBay will sort out the overseas shipping, you'll just be responsible for shipping it to the Global shipping address in the UK, make sure you use a tracked delivery as proof. I think the buyer pays higher shipping costs, but then that's up to them to decide to buy it or not.
If you're new to ebay then get used to fools not paying, wanting to cancel orders, bidding on things "by mistake" etc etc. I sometimes wonder if it's worth the hassle.

Re: Re:

Timoth27":1q2yd3de said:
Just annoyed as that listing was on £1 seller fees and I guess if I relist it I’ll have to pay the standard 10%

Once the listing is cancelled, not before, you can use the second chance offer but you need to check the T&C's for the offer to see if thats still covered.

You need to change your site preferences to exclude selling to completely everywhere bar the UK. Chances of it going up poo stream is pretty much 100%.

Say theres a problem. I take it you are fluent in Indonesian ?. Because trying to track down a lost parcel in a 3rd world country when you dont speak the lingo is 100% zero chance.

Next is for buyer requirements you need to set at and negatives in the last month(limited to 0,-1, or -2., or they havent paid -1 in the last month.
Any whiny or arrogant queries add that individual to your blocked buyer list. If theyre difficult without having bought anything, think how it will be when they have the ball in their court. Saves the 'not as described' chancers.

If you look under postage & payments tab next to the description tab on one of my sales, you'll see the type of restrictions I mean.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124235622718

The negatives on unpoaid items or negative feedback you set internally in buyer preference, anyone looking cannot see that.

I know its a maze, especially as they like hiding human to human contact routes, But click on some of the options inside the ACCOUNT tab and have a quick scout about. Mostly its finding where things are kept. Site preferences are different from seller preferences and in a different sub section type of thing. But all easy to find really, and if stuck googling how too helps considerably. Sometimes its even an official link that takes you to the section you need.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dyna-ti":2inzrhu9 said:
I know its a maze, especially as they like hiding human to human contact routes, But click on some of the options inside the ACCOUNT tab and have a quick scout about. Mostly its finding where things are kept. Site preferences are different from seller preferences and in a different sub section type of thing. But all easy to find really, and if stuck googling how too helps considerably. Sometimes its even an official link that takes you to the section you need.

So true, i still have to google blocked buyers list and use the link to find it :LOL:

Ditto :LOL:

Safety note. I prefer to link into my paypal account directly from my ebay account, so it is ebay providing the link, not google.

Re:

Thanks for the help guys I really need to have a good look around the eBay site. I use the apple app on phone and tablet, is it better in a browser?

Regarding cancelling is it better to ask the seller to cancel (As mkone suggested) or do it from my end?

Yeah. GTFO of that "deal" and cut any losses any which way you can now. If they paid, do the refund now and don't ship anything; think there is a clause to say the item is damaged or something like that.

While shipping in the EU is relatively sound, shipping to Indonesia puts you in the same ball park as Nigeria. Go figure. Personally
the only way I would ship there is with a courier insured to the high heels at the buyers expense.

Send a message to the buyer and tell him the insurance is £380. If he's up to pay that, cancel and come hell nor high water.....

I allow sales through the ebay global shipping program so all I have to do is post domestically to the ebay warehouse and then my part is over with. I've sent quite a few things that way and never had any trouble.

dyna-ti":34s8il3b said:
Say theres a problem. I take it you are fluent in Indonesian ?. Because trying to track down a lost parcel in a 3rd world country when you dont speak the lingo is 100% zero chance.

I would like to think we are beyond referring to poorer countries as being '3rd world'... Notwithstanding that, Indonesia is the 16th richest country in the world and part of the G20 so not exactly Nigeria

Back