Hello, Mountain cycle MOHO CXS looking for a good home.

Ryno_Rob

Retro Newbie
Hello, new to the forums.
Sorry for the life story but i'm trying desperately to not be another 'whats it worth?' thread.

I have been struggling for the last few years against rheumatoid arthritis and i've had to resist my wife's calls to get rid of my former pride and joy. Searching the interweb comes up with very few mentions of the bike and eventually lead me here.
I bought the frame at the 'Cheddar challenge' in 1999, I believe it's a 1997-98 bike? I spent quite a lot of time and money making her a nice custom ride, but I actually got to use her very little as I was in the Army and often, shall we say, abroad?

Since my diagnosis a few years ago the bike has not been used, but occasionally taken out cleaned and lubed and put away again. It saddens me that shes not being put to good use, but I was cautious of selling as i'd rather find a fellow enthusiast than see her stripped for parts. Also, things have moved on quite a bit since the late 90's and it's hard to put a price on her, but i'm open to offers.

Here is a recent pic...

From what I can remember, it was roughly LX/XT groupset.
It has RST Mozo pro 4.5 front shocks with Iddon Zeds spring upgrade. (love them)
The rear shock is called Aftershock? This came with the frame originally.
XT shifters, Azonic PDW downhill bars, X-lite FLY stem, Yeti grips.
Magura Race lines (rim brakes -remember them? lol) WTB kevlar saddle, XT front mech, Deore rear.
Truvative 4D cranks, DMR V12 pedals and a Kore chain device.
The wheels have hubs from my old Voodoo hardtail, Mavic M281 rims and Continental tyres.

Loads of spares I can dig out too, ceramic wheel rims & Michelin tyres.

Hopefully this means something to someone, like I said I'd ideally like it to go to someone who won't break it up.
I'm in North Dorset, near Shaftesbury if anyone wants to have a look.

Feel free to PM offers or questions on here or email me on ryno_rob@yahoo.com
Many thanks, Rob.

It is a lovely thing, but I'd split it to get the most amount of cash for it. People are quite picky about parts (well I know I am) so what you love others may hate and vise versa.

Cheers lads, was having a noob moment and didn't notice the actual for sale section.

If I was able to split it then I probably would, don't think i'm up to the task of stripping it.
Plus I don't want to be left with a pile of unwanted bits, i'd rather keep it all together if possible.
But I get your point, not many that would share my taste from the 90's!

Latest posts

Back