Half retro Klein Attitude.

My old '98 Attitude had external cable routing, and thee's an identical one for sale in the '98 section too....

I happen to think this one looks really nice in Red... :cool: :cool:

I'm not sure it really matters whether it's a Pulse or an Attitude, pre or post Trek.

It's still a lovely bike. Love the colour :)

The only thing I'm not 100% sure on is the forks, although that's just me. I'd be tempted to chuck some XTR Vs on it and get a set of Yellow Judy SLs to plug into the front :)

with the post cut off insde the frame, did you cut a slot in it or something? to allow it to clamp up on the new inserted thomson? curious is all, as to how you went about it.

Yeh just cut it down the same slit that is already in the frame. Works a treat, just been out in the fine weather this afternoon on it.

chilled76":3m7220yc said:
BobCatMax":3m7220yc said:
Looks good to me!

How've the cable ties been fastened to grip the cables?

They are just round the frame to hold the rear hose....

yep, i got that bit :)

i was more thinking about waht these little fella's are..

ThoseLittleBuggers.jpg

Oh right.... they are washers, if you imagine the way you thread a climbing rope back on itself through a belay loop it works in the same way... the cable tie comes thrugh the washer then around the hose then back through the washer and continues around the frame..... it traps the hose away from the frame in it's own little private loop. :)

i've got the same frame,gt-steve's old one,and i'm looking at fitting a rear disc brake - any chance of a pic of your hayes you jammy bugger :LOL:
instead of cable tying the hose could you not have used magura hose clips that fit into the cable guides?
cheers

sausagefingers":2koxc6s7 said:
i've got the same frame,gt-steve's old one,and i'm looking at fitting a rear disc brake - any chance of a pic of your hayes you jammy bugger :LOL:
instead of cable tying the hose could you not have used magura hose clips that fit into the cable guides?
cheers

Yeh mate, no worries... will have to wait a few days though as I have lots of work on over the next day or two.

You want to try and find a hayes mag brake in 22mm hayes mount.

Paul

Back