Hack bike

The bottom part of the seat sandwich was made from a piece of bed frame and for the top I used a kick stand brace hacked from a donor frame. The top and bottom pieces were clamped together and ground and filed so they were the same. I used some metal spacers to make it thick enough to fit between the double rails and welded it all into one piece. It needs a tiny bit more filing on the top right (when the seat is flipped from the photo and installed). Not that easy to make. This is my second one and it didn’t get any easier. You need a longer bolt to compensate for the sandwich. A standard M7 x 1 has a thread that is too fine for the post top threads. I cross threaded an M7 x 1 through it and used a bolt. I had to do the same thing on my last post that I used with a sandwich. image.jpg D6AB3864-D998-4349-8A88-F44ED578C18B.jpeg 54BF6502-2ACE-4C53-8E17-E77DC4095811.jpeg

Last edited:
My second faux Breezer I is off the stove, it’s not even on the back burner. I’m hanging it on the shop wall for now. I have the parts to make a second one but I don’t need it. I think I’ll put the real B17 seat on my original, replacing the fake one I made. I’ll also finish the steel rimed wheels and put those on my original. This will really be like riding an original. I also have a TA Triple chain ring crank and a vintage triple front derailleur. I plan to change the bb spindle and use the triple. This will be an indoor winter project.

Latest posts

Back