GT RTS paint colour ootions

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm a big fan of a GT RTS, my team is a keeper and I've got another in the wings awaiting building.

It is not one for the purists, as I've had the rear end disc converted and also bushing to bearings so going to retro mod

I have a plan of sorts, though it does keep changing, but current thinking is red and blue anno parts, such as red hope cranks and headset, blue hope tech 3 brakes, Mavic slr disc wheels with red hubs, red or blue hope qrs and seat post clamp, plus black race face bars, stem and post.

The frame is currently black front triangle, silver rear end, so wondering if I should take the opportunity to repaint. If so, what scheme would carry off the planned parts colour scheme.

It's in decent condition, a few scuffs and scrapes but nothing too bad. A new decal set is also ready to fit, orange RTS text.

Any suggestions or advice on a change of colour? Bitd I wanted an rts with a turquoise front and pink rear, but that's not going to work.

I found trying to do red and blue ano didn't work (on an off white frame) and that a single colour worked better. Would it also not clash a bit with orange decals?

Polished sections looks good on any aluminium GT, so maybe a black rear triangle and polished front (which I think was a factory option) - and that would then allow the red/blue mix plus black finishing kit such as stem/post.

Probably the "less out there" option.

Could go full THM spec and have a different colour for each individual part ;)

Another vote for polished front, but with a polished rear also, with custom colour matched decals :cool:

I'm probably looking to avoid the polished look as it would be the same as my Team RTS, want something different to that.

I could do a single colour theme, but again that's similar to my other bike. Black wears various colours well so maybe I stick with that, and a polished rear. Less effort too but I'll probably want to tidy it up a bit.

Any other options worth considering?

i allways liked the daktari paint scheme on the Avalanche and since it’s a retromod, i think it would look great with the blue anno and maybe some blue decals.

Don’t limit yourself to one color for the front triangle. I have a vision for your bike; polish the downtube and mask off the GT logo. Paint it blue/yellow team colors. Peel the GT logo and border it in red. Everything will tie in together with a nod to the retro look.

Tell me that wouldn’t look sick with polished logo and matching silver rear triangle
1703124096297.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd limit it to whatever you have most of in coloured bits. Keeping in mind some bits are harder or more expensive than others

For example. Easy to get headset spacers, top cap, clamp etc but not so easy to get wheelsets or cranks without spending a lot more.

I've got all the coloured bits I think I need, just the frame colour to decide on.

The GT team colours is an interesting idea, thanks for that. Not sure about the polished logos but certainly up for consideration.

Back