GT RTS 1 / Team

Re:

It's nice but if your a purist you should remove the "Team" portion of the decal. What made the Team RTS a "Team" model was the spec. In the case of the 1995 Team RTS as you have this decaled...it was the "Spec" that made it a "Team" model. That spec was XTR, with White Industries hubs, Titec bar, Syncros stem and post. At best this bike can be decaled as a "RTS"...as though you bought the RTS Tech Shop frame only and built it up with personal spec. Hence that is what you've done. XT rear hub, off brand crank, Magura brakes clearly make this bike a GT "RTS".

in 1995 GT sold Team RTS with xtr spec, RTS-1 with XT spec and RTS Tech Shop frame.
Frames were all the same but it's what went on the frame that dictated the decaling.

Privateer individual build = RTS only decaling.

Some really interesting points, thanks.

The "Team" aspect has indeed been bugging me since I convinced myself that the frame is a 93 "1" with maybe the back end from a later team. While I didn't set out for total originality and was going for "What might an upgraded one look like at the time?" the fact that it wasn't a Team was grating. I would have been happy had it been a Team not to have original bits on as it would have still met the brief, the bikes I upgrade BITD retained the original decals.

However, it was bugging me sufficiently that even before I read your points I had actually removed the "Team" part of the decals so for now it's an "RTS" only. I may get the appropriate RTS 1 stickers from Gil at some point, but for now I'm happy with it being (a very nice) "RTS".

Back