Goodwood Revival

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
I watched the TV programme last evening which featured the classic bike section of the weekend - including Sir Chris himself (advertising L'Eroica) on a nice George Longstaff. Were any Retrobikers there - or even on the telly?

It appears that L'Eroica 2022 will be held there. I wonder how much it will cost entrants? Long way to go for me although I would be very interested in the cars, motor bikes, planes etc.

Revival is a great event. Been a couple of times and well worth the trip. Just wandering the car park and seeing what’s been brought will kill an hour or so!

I’ve done the festival of speed weekends for the last 20 or so years. Not cheap by any means, but awesome value and the highlight of my petrol head year.

Have never been to the Revival, have to the Festival of Speed a few times. Not sure what it is like now, it was a long time ago, luckily mostly before it went too commercial and they started putting restrictions on where you could go. Nothing else like it in my opinion :cool:

Were any Retrobikers there - or even on the telly?

I rode down from London on my Parkes on the Saturday, which is a bit of an annual pilgrimage ride for me. I’m usually the only one there in vintage bike gear, so I was a bit disappointed surprised to see other people in old bike tops. There were probably 100+ bikes on display from 50s to 80s, quite a lot of rare wall hanger stuff that I’d never seen before in real life. Spoke to a couple of people who were really into it.

The Chris Hoy ride was on the Sunday and I’m gutted to have missed it. I didn’t have anything to do with the Eroica display but they were really keen to get me to join the ride with them.

Visited the Revival a few times and loved it.
The BHF held fundrasing rides each year on the circuit which was an annual event for our family with three generations of us riding several traffic free laps together. Always a great day.

Back