Pedals: Ritchey
Front Mech: Sachs Neos
Rear Mech: Sachs Quarz
Hubs: Ringle
Rims: Sun CR17A
Tyres: Panaracer Duster Pro
Skewers: Ringle

Nicely 'thrown' together. Some tasty bits on there :cool:

Like a TV chef... Thrown together but ends up looking fantastic with some flowing touches. Colour matched cable outers, not too much bling, understated but uber cool black ringle hubs and skewers. 👌

Hi, I do love your bike 👍

Never heard or seen this Grey Components brake.
It's obviously looking a bit like a Paul Crosstop.
Would you mind to share a bit of more details? Are those still available new or already back in time?

You're using the nice V-brake on the front and cantilevers at the rear. Have you ever thought about a different order?
Just wondering, because personally, based on a similar frame with AMP rear suspension, I plan to use especially for the rear brakes (and only) an early V-brake kind of brake to avoid the to me a bit strange looking not symmetrical cable pull when using cantilever.
The cable routing for the V-brake style brake would work fine passing the seat tube on the left side. Just the counter hold on the right side is then not use any longer.

The only other pair of Grey Components brakes I’ve ever seen is in my treasure trove, in blue (the brake, that is, not the trove). And the only reason I know it’s a Grey is because it says so on the packaging. I’ll dig it out and take some pics. Deffo not been available for many years. Probably not that available back in the day!
I’d not considered putting it on the rear, because I can’t abide an unused canti stop. Plus I quite like the quirkiness of the off-centre pull. It’s such a 90s afterthought!

I love the bikes of the month recently and the bike of the year, but this might be my peoples choice favorite on the site right now. All the coolness from back in the day in an orderly package. And 24.03lbs!

Back