For Sale Gios Torino super record frameset

56CT makes it 55CC and with a 53 CC top tube giving typical “ Italian Geometry” with a shorter top tube than seat tube. A quick measure of my Italians, including a Gios, and centre to centre they are all taller than they are long. (Except for one that was a custom build for the original owner) .
That would be incorrect - typical Italian body is short in legs long in arms, so quite opposite you stated. Quick look at couple of sites and my statement is confirmed. Seat tube almost always shorter than top tube.

That would be incorrect - typical Italian body is short in legs long in arms, so quite opposite you stated. Quick look at couple of sites and my statement is confirmed. Seat tube almost always shorter than top tube.

With apologies to the OP, (beautiful looking Gios!)and if the mods feel we are too far off track please feel free to delete.

I am quite happy to accept what you say about the shape of Italians, but, I was referring to the shape of Italian bikes. And here “Italian geometry” is a thing, even if the definitions are not precise. A quick google will produce a number of articles, which vary in some respects but all include shorter top tube than seat tube, at least when talking 1970s onwards.

I’ve run a measure over my bikes and this holds for a couple Gios, a couple of Tommasini, a Carrera and a Bianchi. This is not to say that every Italian bike is this way. My Pela is 54cc 56cm and there is currently a Pela on eBay which is 53cc 55cm, so not every bike was built tall and short.

Back