Get orf my land!

Re:

It's the fact you *push* the bike and it still does that that gets me.

And then it drops and wraps around your cogs, bottom bracket, hubs, brakes, jockey wheels, pedals and in your cable gaps.
And the bikes to heavy to carry.

Give me grinding compound Dalby style sandy stuff anyday.in preference.

Though it does give excellent banter and laughs.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":396ba55y said:
What's the new village?
Still the East Riding?

The paths through fields around here get interesting once they are plowed and a bit damp.
It can stop a bike dead after 10meters.

Yup, still on the Wolds. And Dalby is great and not too far, just trying to find a bit of variety on the door step.

Retro Spud":1snfty0u said:
Chris

Great read but are you taking the piss with your opening paragraph :LOL: even York castle has a road outside - as does Jeremy Corbyns council house on a crime ridden inner city housing estate :LOL:

Peachy!":1snfty0u said:
Having only moved to a new village at the beginning of May most of my riding this summer has been on the road (conveniently there is one just outside my house) So me and our Jimmy have been....

Made me smile anyway even if no one else gets it...
I suspect he is but that reminded me of all those Kirsty and Phil programmes where so-called buyers would moan "Oh it's a bit too close to the road. It will be dangerous for the kids"
Yes dear, that's how you get to your house and how you get to work to pay for your house. Teach your kids not to get killed by cars.

Re:

Have a look on the county council local access maps. They are amazing, my Lincolnshire and Norfolk ones are amazingly detailed without having to pay for anything.

(The Yorkshire man in me still shines through after many years away from home)

Back