FS: 97 Rocky Mountain Altitude T.O. 19.5" Frame (SOLD!!)

shauno

Geoff Capes
SOLD!

I bought this thinking I would use it but after a test fit and measure I realize it's just too big for me. I need my usual 17" as this one has a longer than normal top tube at 600mm which doesn't help.

It's a beautiful frame that has been ridden for ten good years. I bought it from the original owner who worked for Rocky at the time. He now runs his own local shop here in town.

He tore it down and it's been in storage in his shop since 2000 ish.

Its not perfect, it's used. has a few small nicks and scratches as seen in the pics as well as one dent in the top tube from bar contact. Nothing major. Look at pics.

This is Rockys top frame of the era and the last of the real hand built ones still made in Canada here in Vancouver.
It uses Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight tubing and the frame weighs in at 4lbs even.
It has the original chainstay protector and no chain suck marks.

I will include the seatpost, clamp, and headset.

I will consider trades for equal quality frames but in a smaller size.

Looking to get what I paid for it $260 CAD plus postage or 180GBP Shipped ---SOLD!

Frame is located in Canada.

SOLD!

p4pb11753999.jpg

p4pb11756544.jpg

p4pb11756545.jpg

p4pb11756547.jpg

p4pb11756548.jpg

p4pb11756543.jpg

Re:

Hi,

What would postage be to the U.K. please?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":4bel75rj said:
Hi,

What would postage be to the U.K. please?

Thanks,

Mike

I will look into it for you but if someone else can chime in on what they have paid for such a shipment please let us know.

Otherwise give me a bit to find you a good quote.

Shaun :)

Re:

minimum would be $160-170 range if you can fit it within a box no bigger than 100x60x20cm, by surface with no tracking or insurance. if you're willing to drive it down across the border and ship it out from the US, you'd prob half that amount. :roll:

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":1l7tjhxq said:
minimum would be $160-170 range if you can fit it within a box no bigger than 100x60x20cm, by surface with no tracking or insurance. if you're willing to drive it down across the border and ship it out from the US, you'd prob half that amount. :roll:

I know Canadian shipping is a pain so that's why I usually drive across for my own personal pick-ups anyway.

Sooo, I have no problem driving to the local post just across the border to save on shipping.
I did a quick calculation and it looks like $65-$75 usd to mail it in 7-10 days. Now this is an approx price since I don't have the actual box just yet. I've mailed many bikes and frames so I'm confident this is an accurate quote and I will stick by it.

Approx 45-50 British Pounds to ship it to you with a bit of delay as I have to schedule a time to drive across the border.

Thanks for the help on that RockiMtn :)

Re: FS: 97 Rocky Mountain Altitude T.O. 19.5" Frame plus

I have exact the same frame and I think this '97 version Altitude is the best Rocky made. Very agile, extremely responsive, great riding capabilities, it's my favourite to take out for a ride and I have some comparison material. Good luck with the sale, it won't disappoint the new owner!

By the way, my frame number is only 54 away from this one:

P1010697.JPG

Back