Sold FRAME PURGE! Evil, Pashley, Orange 5, Dialled, Scott, Bergamont.

love teh jackshaft on the Evil, good work. Did you just lengthen the pivot bolt and add two smaller rings to it?
I wish! There's no real pivot bolt on these frames as the shock sits between the two sides of the pivot. There are hollow cups that screw together, so I had to find a way to fit a bolt into that, and then the cog carrier is actually a cut down freehub. Here's a pic of one I had on a Gambler (which does allow a long bolt right through the pivot axle):

Attachments

• 2021 Scott Gambler 2 jackshaft.JPG
    2021 Scott Gambler 2 jackshaft.JPG
    438.9 KB · Views: 20
That's a rather genius way of adapting a jackshaft, good work. I love that Evil frame, was always a great looking frame. I was looking at a Revolt the other week but decided the dodgy/well know alignment issues were not worth the risk. I'd love to buy the Undead, but it's too much money for (yet another) playbike, and my Clifcat isn't quite finished yet.

That's a rather genius way of adapting a jackshaft, good work. I love that Evil frame, was always a great looking frame. I was looking at a Revolt the other week but decided the dodgy/well know alignment issues were not worth the risk. I'd love to buy the Undead, but it's too much money for (yet another) playbike, and my Clifcat isn't quite finished yet.
Clifcat Battleaxe or Chump?

Yeh the Revolt's had questionable quality. These Undead frames appear to last, only issue being the aforementioned lacquer cracking off around the metal inserts.

I've got the Clifcat Battleaxe (I believe, the only one made....but have very little info on it tbh and I can't get the guy who built it to reply to my contact attempts. He builds choppers these days).

I've got the Clifcat Battleaxe (I believe, the only one made....but have very little info on it tbh and I can't get the guy who built it to reply to my contact attempts. He builds choppers these days).
Maybe all the photos on Google then are the same bike just painted 4 different ways. :LOL: Are you Olly_Hayter on Instagram? Looks like they made a few similar models too.

Last edited:
Yeah that's me. The Battleaxe was originally green front triangle, black swingarm. It then went black a few times. I'm almost certain it's the same frame, as the shock linkage at the bottom is unique (has a "?" cut into the lower shock link). Not many photos of it about, it was built in 2007 (the last one he did like this) and went to Europe shortly after. I got it from a guy in germany. It's currently at the machinists getting some custom bits made (Ti mech hanger, aluminium shock linkages, brass bushes etc).

Most of the early Clifcats we different / unique in small ways. The most common one was the Holeshot, which was available with or without a jackshaft system. The Battelaxe was the "final" evolution of that type of frame. It's mental, frame weighed 20lbs without the shock.

Hi, What's the top tube length centre to centre of the Dialled Bikes Holeshot? What would shipping to the N'lands cost? Cheers

I think it's 21.5", but can confirm later. Postage to Netherlands is £65 for just the frame, £75 whole bike.

Hi, What's the top tube length centre to centre of the Dialled Bikes Holeshot? What would shipping to the N'lands cost? Cheers
It's 21.5" I think, but I'll confirm later. Postage to Netherlands is £65 for the frame, or £75 for the bike, unless you can find cheaper.

Thank you. Shipping is killing these days. Would DHL be convenient for you (for 41GBP, assuming a 95x15x55cm 5kg box)?

Back