Frame identification - possible MKM Ultimate?

shushuwheels

Old School Hero
Hi,

I have just bought a bike frame from another forum and I believe it may be an MKM Ultimate and was hoping there may be an expert lurking on here that can confirm or deny! IMG_5050.JPG IMG_5051.JPG IMG_5053.JPG IMG_5055.JPG IMG_5054.JPG IMG_5057.JPG IMG_5056.JPG

It has round to aero profile tubes (top tube, down tube and seat tube).

It has internal cable routing.

Track ends with derailleur hanger.

An integrated rear brake - I think this is very unusual! It seems the nut or bolt assembly of the rear brake is brazed into the frame - perhaps aero reasons?

I'm thinking it could be a special order MKM Ultimate - or perhaps one that has been later modified?

It was found in the Yorkshire area, and fitted with Campagnolo record bottom bracket, headset, and the cobalto brakes.

Interesting frame, looks like it could be built in Reynolds 531 Speedstream with double taper seat stays, does it have a frame number..?

I think this might be a later Steve Elsworth Ultimate, built after his MKM days.
Struggling to find any info online but there is this. Shame the original advert and pic’s are dead :

There were some built in Liverpool after the demise of MKM in Harrogate but not sure who by. I must admit that this does look like a very late build with the concealed cables - but are they a later addition? The removal of the DT lever boss looks a bit crude and the cable accesss holes in the TT and chainstay also appear a bit 'rough'. Not seen an Ultimate in 'aero' tubing either. and the rear facing dropouts look relatively modern in comparison to ones I've seen. There was a dedicated MKM website a little while ago. Is it still running?

Edit - yes it is -

Back