Frame delivery help.

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All

I don't suppose anyone is going up past Durham any time soon, just past Darlington actually?

I sold a frame earlier this week and I might struggle to find a box for it in order to send via courier.

I'm in Doncaster and want to get the frame to the buyer as soon as I can really.

Any help will be appreciated.

Trebz

Re:

I just bought a frame but the seller couldn't get a box, nor could I! So I used Paisley Freight who have the option where they supply a box & packaging and collect & deliver. Might be worth looking into.

Re:

Ring your local Halfords or bike shop. Ask if they can give u a box if you call past. Pack frame and then cut box down and cable tie it shut. I did this only a couple weeks ago. Local post office took it over the counter (but I’d a queue) and cost me £15.

Re:

Strange... mines been open for weeks but just click and collect. Might be worth going down and asking someone at the door if you are passing as part of essential shopping of course...

Re:

I asked my local big Halfords a few years ago for a used bike box but they said they ‘had to’ break down all the boxes yada yada. Small idie shop will always help though.

Re:

My local Halfords always give me as many boxes as I need and are super helpful.

But I would feel quite bad asking for boxes under the current climate when they seem to be run off their feet every time i go past with long queues waiting.

I've just had a bike delivered in a slightly larger-than-usual box. I'm in Leeds, so probably not that helpful for you in Doncaster. If there's anyone that wants to collect this box let me know as it's going to be cut up for the bin shortly...

Back