Found my Mojo now.. (Build thread)

Absolutely. Itā€™s the one frustrating thing about this site; so many wonderful bikes, yet people seldomly report their ride impressions..šŸ¤·šŸ»
Not trying ruffle a few feathers but imo there are seldom ride reviews for Ā£Ā£Ā£ iconic bikes cos people are either too scared they WONT live up to their dream ride status ( so only ride it to tune the gears ) or they actually are nothing that special or maybe they just want to tick off the nostalgic bucket list. Iconic bikes got properly hammered bitd and it was interesting to see certain halo bikes get sold on rather quickly.

We all read the bike mags avidly, I spent a fortune in one on TCR which did all the US Imports. There was obviously a lot more variety and rarity on test in US mags and I trusted the more in depth reviews more. Looking back as a wiser greybeard its clear the mags usually needed the ad revenue to keep rolling in and rarely gave a less than glowing review. UK focus was usually on the fun element, style and goofing around. Nowt wrong with that of course.

Back