For Sale: Vintage Elswick 'Targa' Men's Bicycle. (Rare Model)

ElswickTarga

Retro Newbie
Hi Everyone,
I've listed my 'rare model' Elswick Targa Bike over on Vintage Bicycles UK.
Might have to scroll down a bit to find it as I can't see a way to link directly to just my advert.
I got a bunch of info from the National Cycle Museum about the 'Targa' model as I couldn't find any info on Google or indeed any sold on eBay in recent years.
Only sold in 1982. The name 'Targa' was a system of measuring times for car time trials. More info in the link above.
Been stored since Feb 1985 (when I passed my driving test). So not had much use at all and therefore in pretty good condition for a 39 year old bike. Also fairly large frame - see photo.
Don't worry too much about my starting price... I've started at £250 simply because I've never been able to find a sold one, even though I've been looking on eBay for the last few years.
I'm open to reasonable offers. It's located in West London just off the A40..
I've given the bike a clean up - that's all - and ridden it around the garden. Obviously should be thoroughly checked over (tyres, etc) before taking it on the road. I've added just a few photos below, but see more photos of it in my link above or email me for more photos.
Any questions please ask....
andywhitfield2002@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks, Andy

Left.jpg

Frame Size.jpg

maker.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've listed my rare Elswick "Targa" bicycle on eBay (accessories listed separately).
I'm open to offers!!! Particularly for a hassle free transaction.

Collection from Northolt in West London, just of the A40.
Or I can deliver in a 30-40 mile range for the cost of 30p/mile round trip.
Maybe deliver up to 50 or so miles if delivery is just off the M40, M4, M3, M25, etc.
Can meet half way in services if you are further away.
Note: I can't do congestion zone, red routes, etc or anywhere I can't stop or park where I might get a ticket! :-o

I'm looking in to possibly shipping. IE dismantling the bike.

Any questions please ask....
andywhitfield2002@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks, Andy

Back