For Sale For Sale: 1984 Mercian Period build. Deerhead, Stronglight, Nutrak etc

_rc

Retro Newbie
Hello RB! I have for sale a 1984 Mercian Canyon. I bought it off Ebay purely for the frame, and was planning to modernise it, but didn't fully appreciate how much of a near-immaculate period build it is.

Pics here

It has the full Deerhead groupset, Stronglight chainset, an insane double stem, Specialized bars, original Nutrak tyres, woods valves etc.

Condition is as close to immaculate as you’ll get for an unrestored bike. It’s all serviced and working well.

Frame dimensions are:
- 20” centre to centre seat tube
- 22” centre to centre top tube.

You’d probably want to be about 5’8” - 5’10” for it to fit ideally.

Price is £650. Ideally collection from SE London, but can look into posting.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Was very tempted by it when I saw it originally. Absolutely beautiful, and certainly looks well looked after!

Original sales advert

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Now, that is very nice, missed this the first time around, if i had the spare cash i would have this :cool: not looking for any swaps are you?

I’m 6’3” and couldn’t care less haha! Mercian has a soft spot in the heart as originally from Derbyshire and had an interview at Mercian for an apprentice frame builder back in 93!! It was an incredible day of lug welding sawing and filling but alas no job, I was devastated to say the least

Back