Flying Scot - Continental Tandem

I dip in and out of here from time to time for the spectacular scenery. Always a few shots that make me properly want to ride where you do!
@Jamiedyer does take a cracking photo, I often think it would be great to take one of my Cape Wraths on a pilgrimage up to Cape Wrath. (I’m assuming that’s not a million miles from you Jamie?)

Last edited:
Peachy, not too far at all. About 2 hours west and a very short crossing across the Kyle of Durness and we are on. As long as the MOD aren't bombing that day we are good.
Haven't been for a while so be good to get back. Have a few friends in Durness so could stay there and start fresh.

Jamie

Haven't posted for a while so thought I better put up a couple of photos from the Highland Classic Bicycle groups ride in Inverness that Caleb and I attended last weekend with fellow macretro Brian.
We have done this ride before on the tandem and it just happened to coincide nicely with a family weekend away where we stayed with friends near Grantown on the Friday after work, took Caleb on a surprise journey on the Sants Express steam train from Aviemore after which we stayed in a hotel in Inverness on Saturday night. We had planned on going on Sunday mornings ride and so had put the tandem in the van all set up and ready to roll. We met the others at the start while Heather went shopping for a few hours in peace in Inverness.
It was good to catch up with everyone and have a leisurely ride down the canal to Dargaroch and after a brief stop we headed back up the other side of the canal back past our starting point and further up to the harbour itself where we stopped at the lovely cafe for a warming coffee and cake. After this nice lunch stop and catch up we had to head back up the canal because we had to pick up Heather and drive the couple of hours north to get home in time to get the dog from kennels.
It was good to be back out on the tandem, something Caleb and I hadn't done for a couple of months as he is riding more and further on his own bikes these days. Despite this we fell easily back into the rhythm and both had a great time. I enjoy these rides with Caleb as I realise now he is in High School it may not be too long until he rather ride on his solo than on the old Scot.

Jamie

Both bikes in this photo, the Scot and the Wester Ross were owned originally by Margaret Berwick, the wife of George Berwick.
Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back