Fisher CR7

Finally blasted n a quick primer coat to keep moisture off the steel bits. Needs a few of the "stripes" sanded down, were thick as thieves paint so blasting was out. Still have not heard back from Dale about cutting new threads on the steer tube so may need to call. He's busy working on some new projects so small stuff is likely sidelined. Lighting for the older one should be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20231019_170934.jpg
    20231019_170934.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 16
Mine is still at the powder coaters getting the fork and stays painted. Will keep the slightly scruffy main frame original. Easy enough to do another time. 99% set on six speed M730 XT. Probably Araya RM20s in grey anodised. New BB bearings to go in, probably XT headset. Can't wait. It wasn't rideable when I bought it so still never ridden one. Will take my '87 Montare to the powder coaters next, will give me a good comparison in ride quality.

Unearthed a box in the garage with a Suntour self energising rear U brake in black, so Suntour XC Pro back on again. Also found the necessary 31.8 f/mech which sealed the deal. Not sure whether to still go 7 speed XT hyperglide wheels though. Just to get some decent shifting

Back