First generation 1988 MBK Aventure mountain bike

Bucko

Retro Newbie
MBK Aventure 1988 in near mint original condition with full exage mountain groupset and rare weinmann concave grey anodised rims. Original components except tyres and saddle which have been replaced with items similar to original.

Attachments

• 47EA4E7D-CD94-4110-B17A-48E23D1D21AC.jpeg
    47EA4E7D-CD94-4110-B17A-48E23D1D21AC.jpeg
    923.9 KB · Views: 509
Re:

Super bike ... !!

Are you selling this, or are you showing it off to the retro-bike community (you don't really explain your purpose for posting in your write-up at all)?

Re:

I am new to this and not really that internet savvy. I am a vintage bike enthusiast with a collection of road bikes and have only recently got interested in early mountain bikes. This is a project I have completed and posted to get comments on what others think of the bike with any advice or thoughts on the finished bike. It is not for sale.
I was in my early thirties when mountain bikes first appeared in the local bike shop and my first thought was why an earth would someone want to buy a mountain bike in Lincolnshire when we have no mountains !! I thought these will not take off - wrong again !!! I was in the shop collecting a bespoke hand built Bob Jackson road bike which I still have.

Re:

Cool bike that :cool:!
Love the bar ends and the stealthy looks of that groupset: XTRish derailleurs by the looks of them :)

Re: Re:

Bucko":20u3hud0 said:
I am new to this and not really that internet savvy. I am a vintage bike enthusiast with a collection of road bikes and have only recently got interested in early mountain bikes. This is a project I have completed and posted to get comments on what others think of the bike with any advice or thoughts on the finished bike. It is not for sale.
I was in my early thirties when mountain bikes first appeared in the local bike shop and my first thought was why an earth would someone want to buy a mountain bike in Lincolnshire when we have no mountains !! I thought these will not take off - wrong again !!! I was in the shop collecting a bespoke hand built Bob Jackson road bike which I still have.

That's excellent - thank you for your clarification. It really is a lovely bike ... a real classic piece of m/b history!

And welcome to the forum; I think you'll find it a fantastic place to visit, given your disposition toward collecting vintage bikes.

Re:

Time warp condition! Great stuff...
The best saddle ever made (when it’s dry!) looks in great condition too :cool:

Latest posts

Back