Fife and Tayside rides thread

Ok, I’m good for Saturday.

Lots of the “gravel” stuff round here are farm tracks and have suffered a bit lately with the rain and tractor traffic, may not be the most fun on narrow tyres, so I’ll give you a couple of options. Next few days here due to be dry and nothing should be unrideable.

Longer gravel route, with extra road connections to avoid some of the worst bits and join things up. (30-40 miles)

Or

Shorter hardtail mtb loop, with more singletrack bits. Think of it as Clubbytrails Inland edition. (20-25 miles)

Both will cover some of the same trails, just depends what you’d rather do more of, miles or Singletrack. Same cafe stop either way.

think i would like to do some gravel i reckon and that sounds good.

really enjoying the gravel bike and like getting out on it at the weekend as its different to the commute and was out on the hardtail at pitmedden last week (my dropper post is annoying me as well). but if ye think the gravel ride is best left for another time given conditions I'm happy to bring the hardtail instead.

me and kenny did a longer gravel ride round kelty, loch leven etc which was same type o stuff. got loads of options for that over the winter with coastal path etc can pick up if you fancy it at some point.

let me know time and text me your address again for the sat nav

Last edited:
@tangledfeet you up for joining us? I can message you a fairly easy meeting point if you fancy it. Pace will be relaxed to say the least and the cafe at Monikie ( Sweet Nix ) is amazing. Lots of options depending how we’re all feeling on the day.

@tangledfeet you up for joining us? I can message you a fairly easy meeting point if you fancy it. Pace will be relaxed to say the least and the cafe at Monikie ( Sweet Nix ) is amazing. Lots of options depending how we’re all feeling on the day.

Thanks, @clubby - yes, I'll (tentatively!) say yes to coming along thank you! Relaxed pace gravel bike ride sounds ideal as I haven't been out on a while and looking at the OS map for the area it doesn't look like there's any large hills! :p

Please do message me the start point. 👍

Messaged you the details.
Don’t worry about pace, my mate is coming who also hasn’t been out much. Ride is just about bumbling around somewhere new.
It’s a bit of an uphill drag to start with but that’s inevitable living near the coast. One big climb mid ride but short and punchy and worth it for the views.
Excellent to have you along.

Back