Fat City Cycles " Fat Chance" 1983

Haaland

Retro Guru
:cool: i like that, the paint and decals look in great condition.

What size is it? im more used to sloping tubes so find it harder to tell on older bikes with flat top tubes.

Would love a go on it though :)

mark

What a find, bet your a very happy Retro Biker, I too would love to take this old girl out for a spin, what a fantastic geometry :)

I guess it's a 21" or so, but the geometry on these early bikes are very different and hard to translate into modern figures.

The seat post is original and 25 cm or so... buy a larger bike, not a loger seat post ;)

Haaland":nlvkzg6u said:
the geometry on these early bikes are very different and hard to translate into modern figures.

Has somebody re-written the rules of physics?

Geometry is geometry. What has changed in the intervening years is the bloody great long forks used now leading to super floppy steering so to counter this there are big wide bars and virtually no stem.

This is a perfectly normal MTB that could be used all day on all manner of surfaces and in proper size for us men

Real men.

Manly men.

Re:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Love these really early bikes. Box crown and biplane forks rock. There was plenty of red, blue and gold ano too from a BMX crossover. We need an early classic bike dedicated section.

Re: Re:

M-Power":6eomg44c said:

Love these really early bikes. Box crown and biplane forks rock. There was plenty of red, blue and gold ano too from a BMX crossover. We need an early classic bike dedicated section.

its called RETROBIKE dear, R E T R O B I K E.

Do you want a cup of tea? Shall I get that nice nurse over?

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":2yqdgymw said:
M-Power":2yqdgymw said:

its called RETROBIKE dear, R E T R O B I K E.

Do you want a cup of tea? Shall I get that nice nurse over?

Yes please, the one with the big knockers. Still want a Pre 85 section ;)

Nice Fat you have there Bjørnar! (and there aren't online many forums where you can say that without retribution...), the welded seat cluster is particularly pleasing :cool:

Back