Fat Chance Yo Eddy

dandy1

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi

I've been offered the chance to buy a yo eddy and have no idea on what it's worth. The price offered seems reasonable, but there's not a lot to compare prices with as they don't pop up that often.

I believe it's a 96 or 97...its the chameleon green fade, with a rock shox fork in matching colours

There's some nice parts, xtr v brakes, Shifters and mechs, mavic sunset rims on hope hubs, raceface cranks, pace stem

The xtr stuff is a bit easier to price as they appear quite a lot on various sites.. But the sunset wheels and the framset are a bit harder to price

So before I go in with an offer or accept the offer its been offered to me for, thought I'd ask for your thoughts?

I do have a pic but would rather not stick a picture up on the Internet of someone else's bike

Thanks

The big question is does the frame have any rust. It is not uncommon for them to rust out at the bottom of the seat tube. That will obviously have quite an effect on price.

It's a later frame so not as desirable as the earlier stuff but if it's in good condition with top end parts it'll be worth at least £1500 I think and quite easily more.

I think the above price of £1500 is about right assuming all is well and in good condition.

Obviously adding the price of the parts up to reach a price for the whole is not really ideal. Parts are always going to be worth more on their own, though i do see more and more sellers doing just that when pricing whole bikes up.

I also do not see a problem in posting pictures of bikes that are for sale up, after all, it may generate further interest.

👍 That's guys. Appreciate the comments.

I could be completely wrong on the year. Maybe I'll post up a pic... Although it isn't listed for sale... Yet. I have first refusal before it's put up for sale.

I've had a quick look over the frame, but I will go back and have another closer look for any 'issues' but it certainly looked in great condition

I appreciate parts separately would probably fetch more. It was just value of frame etc... I couldn't see any sticker on the frame regarding material either. Which steel were they using?

Yes, I noticed that. Canti mounts on fork and frame... Does this make it earlier? The catalogue certainly makes it seem a 96

Latest posts

Back