Fat Chance Yo Eddy - 1990 MBUK Summer Special super bike tribute

Factorycol

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Hi everyone.

I thought it was about time I shared a couple of my projects on here. I hope you approve.

First up, its the bike I've wanted since 1990. MBUK did a super bike shoot out, featuring a Fat Chance Yo Eddy back in the summer of 1990. I wanted that bike so badly but 15year old me couldn't afford one. I had the Fat Chance kit, and I had a friend paint my Shogun to replicate the Yo, whilst I saved up for my first proper actual MTB.

30 years later after owning a few Yo's I finally found a frame worth restoring and got it shipped over from California. It was stripped down and repainted in the classic jersey paint scheme I'd dreamed of owning for 30 years by the guys at Addicted Bikes in Huddersfield. I then set about building the bike 90s me would have wanted - and here it is!

Fat Chance.jpg

Full Campag, including rims and seatpost. Answer bar / stem. Cook Bros cranks, Nuke Proof hubs and a nice white Rolls.

I need some tyres, but I'm waiting for some White Onza's to finish it off.

I've got the kit to match, and the magazine that includes the original review that I had stuck on my wall.

This bike is displayed at my work, and it makes me happy every day!

1990 me, pictured below.... when i get a chance I'll be taking my Yo up to Leckhampton Hill outside Cheltenham to replicate this photo now I finally have the bike!

90s me.jpg

:cool: very nice, classic colour and great spec.

Looking forward to more pictures.

Great back story. Its a rare thing when something you always wanted lives upto the hype, even after all these years. Enjoy 😁

Top build Colin. Are you going to give Lecky Bombhole a go on it?

Back