Fat Chance frame project

Having owned 9 Yo eddys ever the years this is by far the worst I have seen. I recently sold a Yo frame I had been holding for 2 years waiting to find the time to get it sorted, that one just required a seat tube. The correct tubing is NLA so you will have to settle for a different diameter tubing from a different tubing manufacturer - that is when I gave up. Original decal sets are still available for £100, however the cost of the refurb would be too much for me.
A good builder can chop the lower half off the S/tube, weld in a replacement and leave you with the original upper section, still good for your turquoise Moby.

As an aside.. gents, it’s not a Yo ownership competition! Though I am kinda hoping someone comes in with, “well.. I’ve had a dozen Yos - and they’re all still in my garage!”

From what I can see in the photos I wouldn’t go near it, looking closely it appears VERY rough and serious damage elsewhere seems like a high probability.

It‘s also pretty mind-boggling that it could have got into such a mess in the first place.

I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10ft pole. Once you blast it I bet you will find a whole lot more holes. That frame is wall art.

Alternatively.. could be a lot of gamesmanship being played here..

£250 2 seconds from the end of the auction.. sniped to £500 on the close 😂

Ha! I was just checking my eBay and I saw it went at 260! Wondered who picked it up.

Well, congrats - cheapest ever price for an Aqua Yo. I really hope the steel is decent. Looking forward to seeing some close up images.

Good luck!

Ha! I was just checking my eBay and I saw it went at 260! Wondered who picked it up.

Well, congrats - cheapest ever price for an Aqua Yo. I really hope the steel is decent. Looking forward to seeing some close up images.

Good luck!
Yep, it's too small and I don't know any decent frame builders! :LOL:

I'll have a good look once it arrives and if it really is scrap due to more than just the seat tube it may go back but hopefully the seller was correct in the description.

Ultimately I've always wanted an aqua fade Yo since I was a child, it really was my halo bike and I don't really ride my retro kit so if I build it up, hang it in the garage and spend some happy time looking at it all will be well. I'll have a look at a repair at some point but it won't be any time soon. First job will be protecting what's left of the frame!

Back