FAT Chance Buckshaver + RC30s

Im guessing TT replacement has gone up these days and you want a neat Prof job and what if there are issues in the seat tube and stays on top ? These use ultra thin steel and all these years in our damp climate = RIP

Do you feel lucky punk ? £205 is already too much for the risks imo

You’d prefer it to be complete before it goes in the bin?

of course.....and lets face it for all the talk of it being a POS ready for the bin I bet someone on here buys it & saves it or splits for parts.....espcially as now the seller has uploaded a pic showing the frame killing rust was actually just some old sticker residue thats wiped off.

I’d be tempted to get it, have a re-spray, probably require some work on the seattube.

To pay towards it, i’d then be selling the forks and putting on some mag 21 or Manitous.

But, even a modest build with parts from ebay is likely to cost around £500 and will lose some originality but at least it can be saved and used/appreciated by someone

of course.....and lets face it for all the talk of it being a POS ready for the bin I bet someone on here buys it & saves it or splits for parts.....espcially as now the seller has uploaded a pic showing the frame killing rust was actually just some old sticker residue thats wiped off.

I laboured a few Qs and the seller said it has ‘pitting’ even after a clean up so make of that what you will. Sure someone will drop £400 on it, spend £350 getting it repaired ( its a Buckshaver after all not a rare FAT ) , get despondent after 3mths, then desperately try to claw back their losses with it eventually selling for ~ £3-350 at a significant loss.

Did it once buying a rotted out seat tube Yo which I never inspected properly. Easy to let the emotions take over and take a huge hit later. Its always worth paying a premium for condition and originality imo and then you can just enjoy the ride. A rotted frame will feel unusually ‘soft’ to ride also FAT used different tubing specs to fine tune the ride for each specific model. Yos used oversize custom diameter thin wall tubing 29.4mm internal diam, so if a seat or TT is replaced with a thinner gauge 27.2mm tube it changes or noticably softens the handling affecting its dynamics.

Last edited:
If there are no issues and it's someone on here, having passed their inspection it'll soon be shown. If it's a dog (and it's someone on here) it'll miraculously not see the light of day on RB!! :D

Back