EU shipping costs post-Brexit...

Griggsy

Retro Guru
Wow.

What used to be a 25-40 euro service from ParcelMonkey or similar is now €218. Gone are the days of picking up interesting bargain stuff from EU sellers then...

Anyone aware of any shippers with rates that still resemble something affordable for us mere mortals?

Re:

Sadly it's put a (hopefully temporary?) stop to me selling anything outside of the UK.

Those selling into the UK are struggling to get to grips with it also, and it seems that even the big postal/courier firms like UPS can't control the costs, or even give users clarity on what forms to fill in.
An Italian eBay seller I'm currently dealing with just sent me something, only to have it returned to him before it had even left the country because of incorrect form filling. He's now trying DHL...

On the plus side, if it's going to cost that much to buy from the EU - may as well buy from the US! :LOL:

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":3n9lea6m said:
An Italian eBay seller I'm currently dealing with just sent me something, only to have it returned to him before it had even left the country because of incorrect form filling.
13th January I sent a parcel (OK, a medium sized padded envelope) to a friend in Berlin - tracked etc etc.
It dragged. Took over a week to leave the UK and made it as far as Cologne a week later. Yesterday morning it arrived back here with a CN15 'missing CN22' label affixed by Deutsche Post even though there was a CN22 on the back of it. Looks like DP were sticking to the rule that CN22 customs labels should be on the front even though they've never bothered with anything I've sent previously....
It's on it's way back with a second CN22 on the front but I don't hold out much hope that it'll go anywhere.

Re:

I have similar problem, 2 weeks after posting a gift and all forms correct. The item is in Madrid but no movement for 2 weeks, suspect it will arrive back here without any notification and wanting monies for the privilege of a round trip :facepalm:

Interesting. 90% of large letters I send worldwide don't have room for cn22 on front. Delays - been bad all through covid for overseas, especially USA, Canada & Sweden, even prior to 2021.

I buy Royal Mail postage online & have to enter custom codes as well as fill them in on CN22. I think info may go into QR code on address label.

French La Poste updated their Collissimo Parcel service to the UK with only a 3 EUR surcharge.

However, the paper work (x2 Commercial / Proforma Invoice and x2 CN23) for Export needs to be correct and
done on-line prior (which makes sense). The service and delivery times are no longer guaranteed; which makes
insurance an almost necessity. I assume any further import costs and collecting any VAT would be done by Royal Mail.

Like many, regrettably I am no longer shipping to the UK nor purchasing from the UK at the moment. +4 weeks on,
there are only nightmare stories surfacing - does anyone have any good news about UK <-> EU parcel deliveries :?:

Back