End of my ride...

Re:

That’s a bummer. What the story with the bottom bracket - is it in correctly or have you started to remove it?

Sorry to see that. But, on the plus side, it's steel. Carbon would have possibly been much more spectacular in a bad and bloody way.
As a metal sculptor, if I may suggest, Wind chimes. Cut out the main tube lengths, TT, DT, ST, SS, CS. Clean them up and touch up the paint on the cut ends. Drill a sm hole through both sides of one end, a cm in or so. Feed through an old shift cable and crimp to make a loop. Before crimping closed, loop through a chain ring so each section has a tube hanging in it. Hang this assembly with a crimped loop of brake cable from a branch at the spot on the trail where the incident happened or on your most ridden trail. Nice little memorial. Maybe a little sheet metal plaque hanging down from the middle as a wind catcher with the Frame serial #, date of birth, date of death, and "Survived by *Your name* "
:) I think it be an awesome public art project if more people did these on their local trails. Cheap and easy.

Bert the Weldor":h68yg52j said:
Sorry to see that. But, on the plus side, it's steel. Carbon would have possibly been much more spectacular in a bad and bloody way.
As a metal sculptor, if I may suggest, Wind chimes. Cut out the main tube lengths, TT, DT, ST, SS, CS. Clean them up and touch up the paint on the cut ends. Drill a sm hole through both sides of one end, a cm in or so. Feed through an old shift cable and crimp to make a loop. Before crimping closed, loop through a chain ring so each section has a tube hanging in it. Hang this assembly with a crimped loop of brake cable from a branch at the spot on the trail where the incident happened or on your most ridden trail. Nice little memorial. Maybe a little sheet metal plaque hanging down from the middle as a wind catcher with the Frame serial #, date of birth, date of death, and "Survived by *Your name* "
:) I think it be an awesome public art project if more people did these on their local trails. Cheap and easy.

Do you do commission ?

widowmaker":2cvx93pu said:
Bert the Weldor":2cvx93pu said:

Do you do commission ?

I do lots of custom work. Having said that, a) It's not cheap having me to do it. b) I'm in Canada, and I'm sure shipping your frame material here and back will be pretty prohibitive even with our pee-on colonist exchange rate.... :LOL:
It's the kinda thing you can do with basic hand tools/ Hack saw, electric drill and a file. It it's hard tube, a carbide drill bit or a diamond bit with a water drip/wet rag/sponge. ANd if you haven't got down rigger cable or brake/shift cable and crimps, some fence wire or copper wire would probably due. Hell, if you filed the holes real clean and smooth, heave flurocarbon fishing line, paracord, etc would work. :D ;)

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":1ry7trk6 said:
Bert, I believe it's Titanium .... not steel.

Well...... that's a shame...... :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In that case, abrasive disk to cut and carbide bit to drill......be neat to hear what Ti tube wind chimes sound like! :D ;)

Back