electric van and when to make the change?

Re:

We have a electric BMW i3s and think it's ace. Fast, plenty of range (150 miles) for anything I'll use it for, clever tech and cheap to lease and run. A great deal of win.

Saying all that though we have a second, diesel mowtah as the family bus and the range of the vans sounds dire.

I'm hoping when the SUV goes back in a few years we can replace it with electric and maybe go down to one vehicle but doesn't sound like the right option for you atm John. Tech is moving quickly though so give it a few years.......

Ahhh! So you're an American living 'oop north!

In the UK we just call then 'cars', as many are neither 'sporty', certainly in no way 'utilitarian' but they are definitely 'vehicles' - you can have that one.

But putting myself in the shoes of a lazy marketing department, what do you call what is an embarrassment to any claimed 'green' credentials? Given the piss poor MPG, weight and size of a vehicle that is so easy to churn out but really really hard to justify when questioned about?

Thats why we are where we are in 2021; feeble or expensive electric vehicles that we are all supposed to buy but dont have the range of a £1500 diesel Fiesta on half a tank of Tesco finest

Its going to be tricky to get out of and until a 'something' comes along, battery powered vehicles can only be a stopgap that hopefully, we may be able to look back and laugh at in 15 / 20 years time.

I just hope that 'something' makes the noise of a Jetsons flying vehicle

Im going to buck the trend. When my XC90 is finally reclaimed by nature thatll be it. No more cars. Ill be relieved to be ride of the grief and expense.

Re:

brocklanders023":2byu1dqi said:
You'll be telling me I can't call my gravel bike a gravel bike next! :roll: :LOL:
Absolutely not! Uncultured barbarism, that is.

It's a 'Sporting and Utility Velocipede' or, er, SUV for short. :?

Re:

Whilst out walking down a side street yesterday, I noticed an extension lead running from an upstairs window,into a side window of a VW camper. Charging the battery no less .
The shape of things to come? How on earth are the many folk who live in terraced housing going to charge their car in the future .
In most cases parking out side your house is impossible .
Heating your home with a heat pump another rich toy .

Latest posts

Back