Educating Peachy!

Re: Re:

sinnerman":12l3hvfl said:
I take my Hat off to you though Peachy, Ive been here nearly 10 years, and Claud Butler even far east frames painted as Lotus, were all overlooked and disregarded, until you joined.

You have opened Pandoras Box, you know that right....?

lol! :LOL: Cheers...... PS, wouldn’t mind getting my hands on that bus now..... what a display case that would make at Mayhem! :shock:

yakboy":4co2ere2 said:
We had Super Cycles in Nottingham who dealt in Scott's and I was an avid reader of Mountain Bike Action, so was obsessed with anything American, but most of the bikes in the magazines I would never see in the flesh. I did see plenty of Marins and Cannondale's out on the Derbyshire hills though, but being from Nottinghamshire Raleigh's were the most common.

Funnily enough, I'm a Nottingham lad through and through, got into MTB in mid 90s and Raleigh were nowhere to be seen in the shops I frequented, so the best by far was SHOCKWAVE - they mainly dealt in American stuff - Kona, Marin, Manitou, Merlin, Klein and Rocky Mountain from memory - my memories are full of chunky alloy frames, blue and purple anodizing and chunky cables! We also had Freewheel that were predominately Trek/Bonty - these closed down a few years back. My memories of Supercycles are Onza, DDG and Diamondback - my first proper MTB was an Accent EX, where I ripped the headtube off from abuse.

TOMAS":2z5v0wea said:
yakboy":2z5v0wea said:
We had Super Cycles in Nottingham who dealt in Scott's and I was an avid reader of Mountain Bike Action, so was obsessed with anything American, but most of the bikes in the magazines I would never see in the flesh. I did see plenty of Marins and Cannondale's out on the Derbyshire hills though, but being from Nottinghamshire Raleigh's were the most common.

Funnily enough, I'm a Nottingham lad through and through, got into MTB in mid 90s and Raleigh were nowhere to be seen in the shops I frequented, so the best by far was SHOCKWAVE - they mainly dealt in American stuff - Kona, Marin, Manitou, Merlin, Klein and Rocky Mountain from memory - my memories are full of chunky alloy frames, blue and purple anodizing and chunky cables! We also had Freewheel that were predominately Trek/Bonty - these closed down a few years back. My memories of Supercycles are Onza, DDG and Diamondback - my first proper MTB was an Accent EX, where I ripped the headtube off from abuse.

Is that the same area as Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest? (I’m American, wink)

Scvintage":2sapjiym said:
TOMAS":2sapjiym said:
yakboy":2sapjiym said:

Is that the same area as Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest? (I’m American, wink)

Yes it is, home of the Raleigh too... I live just down from the former factory, granddad had a short spell working for them and to add to the irony I work as a Sheriff ;). We often go riding in Sherwood Forest, it's not quite like you'd imagine ala 'Prince of Thieves' style with treehouses etc, the Major Oak is still just about standing (albeit with stilts etc after the local chavs decided to set fire to it years back) but still good for plenty of miles of singletrack flat forest trails :)

Back