ebay issue. what would you do?

Thanks Bugloss :D ,

It's true i didn't get the bike, but my paypal balance is intact and lives to fight another day!, just have to keep trawling ebay looking for gems that others have overlooked (this rarely happens these days :( ). Matt

Can I suggest that you look at ebay.be and ebay.de, you'll need a crash course in German and Dutch but they are easy to pick up. The UK seems overpriced and ebay.it can be a little tricky, although I've found the Italians to be very friendly.

The Germans are very helpful and naturally don't mess about and I can say the same about the Belgians and Dutch too. Plus America has always been easy to deal with although you've got to watch the import tax.

I'd be interested to hear what you're looking to buy.
Adam

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
bugloss":3br32wf2 said:
Can I suggest that you look at ebay.be and ebay.de, you'll need a crash course in German and Dutch but they are easy to pick up. The UK seems overpriced and ebay.it can be a little tricky, although I've found the Italians to be very friendly.

The Germans are very helpful and naturally don't mess about and I can say the same about the Belgians and Dutch too. Plus America has always been easy to deal with although you've got to watch the import tax.

I'd be interested to hear what you're looking to buy.
Adam
+1. German Ebayers tend to be helpful and willing to send stuff to the UK, and postage is cheap and quick.
Bing translator is your friend here, though you occasionally get a Hovercraft full of Eels...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
unfortunately i think i'm looking for the same as everyone else, or so it seems whenever actually put a bid in! :D .
I'm basically always on the lookout for a reasonably priced steel frame with good quality components (which i think may be the most common statement you could associate with members of this fine website :D ). Matt

Matt70":jaixcfnr said:
unfortunately i think i'm looking for the same as everyone else, or so it seems whenever actually put a bid in! :D .
I'm basically always on the lookout for a reasonably priced steel frame with good quality components (which i think may be the most common statement you could associate with members of this fine website :D ). Matt

Yep, but no size or make ?

I've got an SB but its 57c-t I think, stamped SB461 and 57. I'm thinking of selling it and it's got super Record First generation on it 1975 I think. Bit small for you though.

You're a lucky man, I suspect that the price for such things is way out of my league. However, on a lighter note, if you fancy sticking it on ebay with a short, badly spelt description (making no mention of it's illustrious heritage), terrible photos and an odd finishing time, I'll definitely have a bid. Matt

Back