Easy Road Ride. Now on Sunday 6 April.

Re: Re:

grumpycommuter":2bjd60ue said:
I shall be unleashing the fury that is the Green Lenton Clubman :)

I still don't know what I'll be riding. Hopefully, I'll be picking up some new wheels from a fellow Retrobiker the Friday before the ride. If I don't manage this, it'll be a choice of the fixed, (now with a new bar/stem combo) and new pedals, or the Kowal geared bike. I haven't ridden either for ages!

I will probably bring the Schils (they're multipliyin..)

as it generally works, Not very retro though.

Re:

I rode the fixed today. The gearing is still what you would term 'optimistic' but a combination of no tyres, no pedals and a ripped out valve left the fleet a little depleted.

So the fixed it was. I was going to ride next week's route but didn't fancy the distance on the fixed so I did the majority of it cutting out a loop.

I actually went a lot faster! I beat the smug little sod on my Garmin by a whole mile and a half! Huzzah!

Re:

Have a good ride gents; I shall be at the Welsh Cycle Show, looking at plastic bikes and shiny shiny stuff. :cool:

Iwasgoodonce":3recz0bq said:
I rode the fixed today. The gearing is still what you would term 'optimistic' but a combination of no tyres, no pedals and a ripped out valve left the fleet a little depleted.

So the fixed it was. I was going to ride next week's route but didn't fancy the distance on the fixed so I did the majority of it cutting out a loop.

I actually went a lot faster! I beat the smug little sod on my Garmin by a whole mile and a half! Huzzah!

Can't you do it on the Moulton?

Re:

Well, the early weather forecast looks about right for one of our rides Karl. Very wet and windy sums the day up nicely.

Iwasgoodonce":7ufqxrty said:
Well, the early weather forecast looks about right for one of our rides Karl. Very wet and windy sums the day up nicely.

Awesome! Checked the beeb weather and it looks like they don't really know as they seem to be predicting everything at once. At least half the route won't be covered in ice this time :)

grumpycommuter":3pg9yo5g said:
Iwasgoodonce":3pg9yo5g said:

Awesome! Checked the beeb weather and it looks like they don't really know as they seem to be predicting everything at once. At least half the route won't be covered in ice this time :)

Just blood, sweat and tears.

Back