Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Re: Re:

player":1dxmbmmu said:
Does anyone know the seatpost diameter for a Couirer Prestige at all?

Excellent thread btw as it's taken most of my evening up :LOL:

Thanks

26.4mm for the 'Black with gold glitter' 1990 model :)

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":3bl83lh5 said:
player":3bl83lh5 said:
Does anyone know the seatpost diameter for a Couirer Prestige at all?

Excellent thread btw as it's taken most of my evening up :LOL:

Thanks

26.4mm for the 'Black with gold glitter' 1990 model :)

Your a star, it's that exact 1990 model, Brown or Black with the gold glitter.

Does anyone know of a good touch up paint that's a close match for that colour??

Thanks

Ill measure it tomorrow.. Dont let me forget!

[ :cool: quote="Ilu"]
mrgumby":189jxtnq said:
Here another one saved!

I just received a frame like this but without the seat post. Would anyone know the correct size for one? My caliper gave a measurement of between 26.2-26.6 -ish. Currently have it coke-can shimmed with a 26.2 post. Seems to work but I don't want it to be long term solution! :)

Heres my newly acquired 1988 MuddyFox Courier which i haven't ridden yet as i'm going through a recovery period from my op and excuse the bad pic as it's the best the camera would allow at the time ,

035_zpsmtb7frg7.jpg

Muddy paw":77o72chg said:
Heres my newly acquired 1988 MuddyFox Courier which i haven't ridden yet as i'm going through a recovery period from my op and excuse the bad pic as it's the best the camera would allow at the time ,

035_zpsmtb7frg7.jpg

My levers from one of these has just been recycled into 'new' levers for my missus' Batavus Piazza after sitting in the spares box for some 10 years.

legrandefromage":2w2lpqjn said:
Muddy paw":2w2lpqjn said:

035_zpsmtb7frg7.jpg

My levers from one of these has just been recycled into 'new' levers for my missus' Batavus Piazza after sitting in the spares box for some 10 years.

Good to see the lever's are back in use again after such along time even if they are on an old ladies bike this time round as it would be a shame not to use them .

Just found this thread..........what a good read. So many Muddy Fox bikes and interest out there.
It is such an interest to me having just acquired a Muddy myself. It is the same model that I first bought for my son on his Birthday way back in 1989.

Back