Early 90s Frame ID - Kona ?

Re:

The flared seat tube near the bottom bracket is the same as my '96 Norco Torrent (Prestige and Ritchey WCS). This would indicate Prestige tubing to me. The dropouts will tell a lot...

Re: Re:

bigzeke":39m9zbks said:
The flared seat tube near the bottom bracket is the same as my '96 Norco Torrent (Prestige and Ritchey WCS). This would indicate Prestige tubing to me. The dropouts will tell a lot...

Prestige is what I was thinking as well

What should I be looking for on the drop outs?

Hope to have a picture within the hour

Re:

Some more tidbits from instagram.

Front end colour is pretty similar

Screenshot-20200702-141704-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20200702-141649-Instagram.jpg

Mortonm":36vlz47o said:
bigzeke":36vlz47o said:

I made the suggestion to check the dropouts just before the frame was identified as a Kona Explosif. The dropouts could help to identify the frame. For instance my Norco Torrent has Ritchey WCS dropouts, if a person wanted to identify a bare Torrent the could check the dropouts and the seat tube for clues.

Your frame is a good one, I hope you enjoy it :D

bigzeke":ails20yx said:
Mortonm":ails20yx said:
bigzeke":ails20yx said:

I made the suggestion to check the dropouts just before the frame was identified as a Kona Explosif. The dropouts could help to identify the frame. For instance my Norco Torrent has Ritchey WCS dropouts, if a person wanted to identify a bare Torrent the could check the dropouts and the seat tube for clues.

Your frame is a good one, I hope you enjoy it :D

Cheers

I dont think the mystery is solved quite yet. Hope to have it in my hands tomorrow or Saturday.

I still welcome anyone's opinion!

Re:

A couple more of the serial and the drop out in the fork. Is this a project 2 ?

What else should I get a pic if to nail this down?

Paint to me looks original

20200710-143151.jpg

20200710-143141.jpg

Back