e-bike fires

I agree, a lot of feels quite performative and an attempt to maintain status quo rather than do the necessary deep work and think about what we really value as a species. It ain't a greener iPhone, but more the kind of stuff @Siish is talking about. We could live far happier, richer, more rewarding - and lower carbon - lives if we shifted away from prioritising stuff, instagram status seeking etc.
Yes your right it's like monetising comes before prioritising.....and that's not how crops grow!
I do think change is starting...I am hopeful 👍

But e bike fires....if the media were to report brand names or if it was a home built special that would be interesting instead of the sensational "dangerous ebikes bursting into flames everywhere " nonsense.
One of my thoughts.....why are ebike battery cases black? Yes some have an aluminium case but very few......black in sunshine traps heat....and no battery likes being cooked.
I wonder if solar heat transfer has had anything to do with some fires.
Chargers without a doubt can cause problems!i
Moisture...🤨 This one's a biggy! Heat...condensation? Storage in damp areas?...battery casings leaking?

In any case, if deaths and injuries from e-bike fires were compared with deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents, I expect that the latter would dwarf the former.
5 a day, a decent sized airliner full every month, year on year, yet where is the scary ITN news piece about that particular ever growing butchers bill?

In the US its 30 a day, yet other unpleasant mechnisms of untimely death that kill far, far fewer get hysterical poeces in the media and time being discussed in congress.

The world needs a serious dollop of perspective, washed down with a large dose of reality check, but will never get one while commercial media drives the societal narrative.

5 a day, a decent sized airliner full every month, year on year, yet where is the scary ITN news piece about that particular ever growing butchers bill?

In the US its 30 a day, yet other unpleasant mechnisms of untimely death that kill far, far fewer get hysterical poeces in the media and time being discussed in congress.

The world needs a serious dollop of perspective, washed down with a large dose of reality check, but will never get one while commercial media drives the societal narrative.
You know what chopper....I haven't just given up on cars I've given up on corporates media too!
I now just listen to people for news ...it makes me "think" more about what I hear! 🤨

Back