Dynatech frames.

philpheasant

Dirt Disciple
I've just purchased a used frame and fork combo, specifically for the forks. However the frame is a MMC Xmt100 triangle. Not a lot of info on line, apart from the older bike forums are they worth anything?

Re:

Do you have a pic, don't recognise the model.

I'm a dynatech fan of sorts, had a few over the years. Depending on what it is, it will probably be underrated, decent but ultimately not going to allow you to retire if you sell it.

I've got a lot of Dynas (see my sig), however not come across said model... MMC makes me think of Giant and Carbon, however I also recall Raleigh USA releasing a carbon Dyna, very, very little about these. I saw a blue carbon Raleigh once but again dubious about its origins...

A bit more digging on here and vintage steel shows it to be a Raleigh Dynatech MT5 which uses an MMC triangle built from MTX100 tubing (lead to believe this came from British Aerospace). Lower image is what I picked up, top is a complete bike taken from a thread on here

Attachments

• Dynatech MT5.JPG
    Dynatech MT5.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 928
  • Dynatech MT5 bike.JPG
    Dynatech MT5 bike.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 928
Oooh scrap my prev comment, it's an MT5! Quite a rare beast, if you do fancy selling the frame on... be sure to put me first in line :). I'd say its from the '93-'94 era but the embossed code stamp on the Bottom Bracket will confirm for sure. It comes in slightly lighter than the MT4 model below, which had Titanium down tube, top tube, seat tube and chainstays. It was the top of the line Dyna frame that they did, nothing lighter from Raleigh (except maybe the Torus but won't be a lot in it)...

Hi Tomas, given the frame number it would appear to be a 92. I have no plans for the frame as I was after the fork for my Sunn, which currently has none and should be a 55mm travel

Back