Dream builds

Just thinking about another one I would like as well

1985-87 ritchey commando with matching bullmoose
Phil wood high flange hubs🤤
Phil wood titanium bb
I think a mavic road groupset with t.a specialities crankset would be awesome.
Suntour Xc “compe” pedals
Grab on grips
Paul’s components cantilever brakes and of course some nice levers like tomaselli or others.

‘97 Kona AA
Red Bomber z2
M739 Vs and levers
Gripshift SRT800
Red X-lite DH bars
Polished Answer Atac
Gold Mavic 217s on Shimano LX (r) / (red) Pace suspension (f)
Red x-lite s/post
Red Kevlar Club Roost saddle
Shimano m569 chainset
XT r/mech
LX f/mech
LX headset
Kona scratch n sniff tyres
Red Ringle bottlecage

All the above is easy enough to source.. except the frame. In 13yrs on RB, I have never seen a mint one..

Basically the build Santa stuffed down the chimney that particular Christmas.. that for reasons I still can’t comprehend, I stripped down and sold off, just over a year later for an LTS.

Still have the LTS - and the guilt, today.
Had basically had that bike in 97, I've been looking for the frame ever since. I rode a 19". I've seen a couple but they were very tatty.

Last edited:
Yep, same. Tracking a Kula down is easier (must’ve sold more) and it’s the same frame.. but, has to be an AA..
I'd love one with Z1 Bam's. I had club roost riser bars and an early disc on the front. Surprising what a weight weenie I am now, back then I bought stuff that looked cool. That being said I don't think I've plusher and smoother forks than the Z1. The lefty was closest. I love the Kula dn Mini Mula.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back