'Doohickey' front mech adaptor for a 1991 Trek 8700

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all.

I'm after a 'Doohickey' as mentioned in Retro Spud's Trek 8900 build thread. This one's for a 1991 Trek 8700 composite that's incoming

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=394871&start=30

From what I understand, it lets you use a bottom pull front mech on a top pull configuration. I could just get a top pull mech as this is going to be a rider, but long term it'll be a rolling resto with focus on originality.

Any one got one in their stash of parts or can point me in the direction of one?

Pics 'borrowed' from 24pounces and Retro Spud

Thanks in advance.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 307
Re: Re:

Antstark":zb89kgxm said:
Might have one

There has to be plenty out there - but tracking them down is another matter - I ended up buying a NOS one from the states at a silly price for what it was

Would be a gift from the gods if you Antstark has one, I almost bought a whole bike just to get one, it was only the fact that I’d have to break the rest that stopped me.

Re:

Here go...bit blurred ...but then it is early :D Should polish up ok

Attachments

• 9DECE8AC-147E-4C78-9323-2FD6D740E051.jpeg
    9DECE8AC-147E-4C78-9323-2FD6D740E051.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 237
Re:

Antstark":cmsir9yg said:
Here go...bit blurred ...but then it is early :D Should polish up ok

Absolutely spot - on Antstark! - that’s perfect (and hard to find judging by the replies!)

PM on the way. Thank you.

Retro Spud":cmsir9yg said:
B-O-B
Perhaps today would also be a good day to buy a lottery ticket :LOL:

:LOL: .... I think I will!
Bought the frame from Retrorider_IT after a 4 number match on a midweek draw.....so best keep the luck running!

Antstark":cmsir9yg said:
Good idea.. :cool: in fact that’s what I’ll swap it for .. a £2 scratch card

That’s a great idea! - if you’d like that as payment....Share the luck and all that! :D

Cheers all.

boy"O"boy

Latest posts

Back