Diamondback Axis TT Pro project

sheppf1000

Old School Hero
Well I’m a bit excited…like 14 year old getting a new bike, kinda excited.

Just driven 4.5hrs to pick up this very original beauty. Only thing not catalogue is the seat post and tyres.

Plan to document the strip down, clean and rebuild if anyone’s interested.

Now for the drive home.

Attachments

• IMG_5910.jpeg
    IMG_5910.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5612.png
    IMG_5612.png
    668.8 KB · Views: 82
I was chatting the guy selling this. It’s prime for a full resto as it’s mostly there.

He said he had 5 interested folk and he wouldn’t take a low ball (which was my plan).

Glad someone here got it.

I was chatting the guy selling this. It’s prime for a full resto as it’s mostly there.

He said he had 5 interested folk and he wouldn’t take a low ball (which was my plan).

Glad someone here got it.
Chap was lovely.

I thought it was lowball anyway. Think it’s a case of “find another one”.

Only things I thinks missing are the seat post and tyres.

Great dedication to the cause! Not travelled that far for a bike but many times the length of the country from Scotland for cars.

Very cool. I've got a TT, had another but was too small. What makes it a pro? Mine came without decals and I had some repros made. Didn't know there was a pro, assumed TT was the only variation. Just curious. Love mine, though it's not original anymore, parts a a few years newer (many), but in the spirit of the originals. Just typing this has made me think about a 1x10 update for some reason.

The pro was a 1995 year bike that had a higher level spec than the TT of that year, but the same frame. Titanium avid cantis, Hugi hubs/217 rims, AC crank, Curve titanium skewers, Titanium BB as the highlights.

Christ you’ve had some frames/bike 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Great dedication to the cause! Not travelled that far for a bike but many times the length of the country from Scotland for cars.
Yes, haven’t done it before, but I like putting in the effort as it makes the reward better for me. It also sat ridiculously well into my life, as I work in an independent school that’s on holiday this week and my twins go to nursery all day on a Wednesday….it was fait!! It’s also a unicorn bike for me so well worth it.

Back