Dia Compe 987 - clueless!

Gonzalez

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
How do these go on the bike!? spring doesn't seem to fit into a hole as the nut on the back is stopping it. Now what ridiculously obvious thing am I not doing? (clueless bike builder!). :oops:

pictures please will i think make it easier to help on this. As they are very easy to fit. Even i can do it

The nut is the tensioner.

Fit the brake as normal. Then turn back the allen bolt approx quarter turn and use a cone spanner on the nut to tension the spring before tightening back up.

If you don't get sorted by Monday I will scan and post the instructions - the description above is spot on though ;-) fit one, tighten it up and you will soon suss out how the nut works :D

WD :D

well I just put it on and tightened it up and positioned the brake arm, didn't a spanner, so I take it the spring doesn't go into the hole after all! oh dear.

THANK GOD FOR THIS POST!!!

LOL, I got a set from ebay, went to fit them and had no clue so fitted some XT's..

I didnt want to post a "what??" thread, i am glad someone has..lol will try and have another go, they look the dogs dangles!!

Cheers :LOL:

Best to release the pain, grin and bear the humiliation, and get the part fitted. Always plenty of helpful bike-masters on here!

Back