Depression is just plain nasty

The point is all these things bother you, if you read what you've written & you see what I see a lot of what's bothering you is because you care about the people around you which clearly makes you one of the few good people left on the planet.
But, you need to get some proper help, you can't do this on your own.
The fact that you accept it & share it is the first step to treating it. Get to your G.P, search support groups in your area there are lots for us guys these days.
Don't suffer in silence, if you can fix your bike you can learn to fix yourself.
Absolutely couldn't have put it better myself. You care that you feel this way about things in your life so that's a good foundation for a start. Also agree that it would be worth seeking some qualified support as some medicinal assistance may be in order in the short term. Plenty of us have been where you are, and beyond and know that there are many lights at the end of the tunnel. Keep talking, even if it's just to randoms on RB!

Please don't judge your worthiness to exist on past mistakes or relationship breakdowns. With a little help relationships can be worked on, you gone they cannot. You will most likely find you mean more to those around you than you believe you do and you'll never find that out if your not there anymore.

I can empathise with those feelings, but you must try to look at any positives you can and not just the negatives, write these things down, try to concentrate on what you do that's good and what good things there are in your life. Start with bikes and retrobike

All the best

Alison

Sometimes half the battle is having the awareness of the situation/problems your encountering. You clearly do.. So that’s a positive step.. Equally getting some professional help would certainly be worthwhile. There’s always time to make things better, despite the Everest it might be. Been through the mill of very dark days myself, and speaking to an impartial source, will certainly help, it’s just taking the courage and taking that crucial step. Wish you luck.

I use my bikes as an outlet for my unhappiness

My daughter and I do not talk, I was a rubbish dad

My relationship with my dad has broken down and we’ve not talked in near a year

My other half and I don’t talk… we just coexist… it’s desolate

I’m unhappy at work, don’t relate to my workmates

Just spent the last half hour on the floor in the downstairs bathroom having what I guess was a mini-meltdown in the dark…

Have suicidal thoughts on a mostly weekly basis

What is the actual point to me being on this planet
You have a pm.

Re:

Oh and meditation is an amazing tool. I don't use it personally but have seen the benefits first hand.
I have used it. For remedy of a busy anxious frustrated mind. 3 months and my baseline was much improved. Wasn't a subtle difference either. Massive difference. It slows every thing down and quietens the mind. Highly recommended.

Several countries have now approved MDMA and psylocybin and ketamine for therapeutic medical use in trauma PTSD anxiety and depression. Plenty of papers to read out here on these breakthroughs.

It is possible to change your mind frame quickly.

Last edited:
You are.. which. Is fine, mistakes happen we are all victims of circumstance including all those whose chose to blame natural human inadequacy in you alone.
Let’s hope that at least you have tried to bridge the gap between your so called’rubbish fatherhood’ and the actual situation. You are who you are.
Try if you can to get help with your depression, then perhaps you can deal with the inevitable fall out from the death of a relationship..
you seem to care, which is better than most ever get.
I hope it works out.

Morning all,

well… I don’t really know what to say after my outburst.

I have received personal messages as well as those of support on here, all from relative strangers.

Thank you, for understanding, and for taking the time to respond.

It is indeed a wonderful community here on RB, and for that, I’m eternally grateful.

Mike

Morning all,

I have received personal messages as well as those of support on here, all from relative strangers.

It is indeed a wonderful community here on RB, and for that, I’m eternally grateful.

Mike

Sounds like you really needed some support, and I think you did entirely the right thing at that time.

As above, you put your efforts and passion out there for us to share, only fitting that you get some community love back when you need it!

Morning all,

Mike
“Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say “My tooth is aching” than to say ‘My heart is broken.’”

― C.S. Lewis, “The Problem of Pain”

You are courageous and right to share.

Back