Deleting old threads or adverts?

Jam_SWorks

BoTM Winner
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, random question, is there a way to delete old threads or adverts? sometimes I would like to delete content as either the ad has sold or the thread is no longer relevant any more. Most other forums allow for deleting but I don't see the feature here on retrobike?

Exactly this ☝️

The site is an archive so most threads are relevant. Sold ads should be marked as such, which is easier now with the drop down tab, and prices left as mentioned in the forum rules for future reference. If you need the post removing for other reasons you can ask a mod to delete it for you.

That's good to know that particular requests can be done by the mods, I do definitely put SOLD on my ads but still get regularly contacted years later saying is this still available. :LOL:

Although threads maybe relevant to others (and I do support long term content acorss forums/sites), its more about having the right to delete my own data to minimise my own digital footprint (sometimes it might be a security topic etc). I actively look after my digital footprint. Retro bike is the only site that I find I don't have this control. Hence my question/logic.👍

Yes, contacting the mods is an option, also security and personal data/content can easily be removed by editing the post yourself.

Back