Votes: 0 0.0%
  • toons' Pace RC100

• Crantinope's Pace RC200

• Total voters
xizang":2dceama4 said:
i believe in fixies":2dceama4 said:
Then again for the conspiracy theorists it could all be a fix but as no bike has 50+ votes it probably equals itself out and isn't worth fretting about.

When Rojo's bike has 200 votes, all the other pictures disappear and it turns out that he photoshopped an Apollo to look like a Kona THEN call in Fox Mulder.

Until then let him have his moment, please.

i believe in fixies":2dceama4 said:
Ultimately they're just pictures of old bicycles so I don't think there's a need to call in independant UN electoral observers.

Peace out Y'all :cool:

Someone likes himself some Californication.
and why not.

Actually, fixies has a point. It makes sense since the BotM is getting publicity in mbuk that people would sign up just to vote on which bike they want to see it, and sex sells, people ;)

i believe in fixies":2mnq5trl said:
Dr S":2mnq5trl said:
Don't you just love the surge of new member registrations with zero posts in voting week. 50+ new zero post members this week alone.
Splendid!

Not really suprising though is it. John has worked hard to get Retrobike publicity in whatever MTB comic it is that now features BOTM winners. Some of the kids that read it will check out BOTM to see what it's all about, will vote for the shiny bike they like without knowing what it is, see all the petty bickering and squabbling that has been going on for the past few months on numerous threads and decide that the site is just too childish for them which is why their post count remains in such low figures.

Then again for the conspiracy theorists it could all be a fix but as no bike has 50+ votes it probably equals itself out and isn't worth fretting about.

Ultimately they're just pictures of old bicycles so I don't think there's a need to call in independant UN electoral observers. How would they fit the blue berrets under or over crash helmets?
POTY (post of the year, or at least the best in tis topic)

I hope the UN don't come round, they might find my WMD and Nuclear Weapons program.

Many of our membership register then don't post. Not sure if there's any correlation between registrations and BotM voting.

Look back at the build thread for Rojo's Kona. Seeing how many people liked the bike and how quite a few pledged their vote for it then it's not a massive surprise to see it winning.

If Jon wins then it's all fair and square IMO so let him have his day folks.

Being stone cold sober at near midnight on NYE (as I have been for last 7 years 8 months and one day - yes, if I know then you know WHY I know), I shall simply say I voted for the Kona, a kid I ain't and to answer the Q someone posed, yes, sure as hell I'd ride it!

And I don't buy any bike mags.

So, Happy New Year to ALL the entrants and ALL the viewers and voters!

As Big Ben struck midnight for the first time in 2011 time was called on the December 2010 BoTM contest.

This edition saw the following result

1. Rojo's Kona Sex One
2. Crantinope's Pace RC200
3. maverick's 1991 alpinestars al-mega dx

Congrats to Rojo, the win for his festive themed Kona sees him win not only the honour of a BoTM win but also a subscription to mbr magazine. The bike will be featured in an upcoming issue.

Back