DBR Axis TT / Suntour XC Pro

Beautiful bike, great to see the XC Pro stuff, Suntour held their ground very well back then. I used to have the pedals, best pedals I ever owned.

Is it just me or is the number 6 cog evenly spaced between 5 & 7? Also looks smaller then expected for even stepping?

Beautiful bike, great to see the XC Pro stuff, Suntour held their ground very well back then. I used to have the pedals, best pedals I ever owned.

Is it just me or is the number 6 cog evenly spaced between 5 & 7? Also looks smaller then expected for even stepping?
IIRC, there is some funkiness to Suntour spacing on the smaller cogs. I know this one needs to come apart once I can find a second chain whip, the cassette needs a thorough cleaning and I need to flush the petrified grease out of the freehub, I'll have a good look at the spacers and make sure it's all stacked up properly when it goes back together.

t

That's the same top-pull I sourced BITD when I redid my Explosif Pro for top-tube routing and other stuff. I was taking my LBS word at the time, but that is what I was told was the XC-Pro part.

IIRC, there is some funkiness to Suntour spacing on the smaller cogs. I know this one needs to come apart once I can find a second chain whip, the cassette needs a thorough cleaning and I need to flush the petrified grease out of the freehub, I'll have a good look at the spacers and make sure it's all stacked up properly when it goes back togethe

Is it just me or is the number 6 cog evenly spaced between 5 & 7? Also looks smaller then expected for even steppi

Went out to the garage and had a quick look, the lockring is definitely screwed on upside down -- the spacing between 6 & 7 is way too tight.

t

Back